Friday, April 1, 2011

Holy cow!!

This has been a week from the hot place!!! Busy at work, busy at home. Hubby had a job interview this am and it went well. I really hope that he will find something that he likes soon. He still has a job but he works 6 days a week, about 61 hrs per week. No benefits, except for vacation which he hardly ever uses. He is in the car repair/maintenance business. This was a second interview and he is supposed to hear something next week, so hopefully... We got some bad news the other day. My grandmother, who is almost 102, fell, Sunday, while my mom was changing her clothes (grandmother's), she hit her head and had to be taken to the hospital. She has a couple of cracked ribs and lots of bruises. She was then taken to a trauma hospital and then released on Tues. She is not interested in eating or drinking and the hospice nurse told my mom to emtionally prepare herself for the end. I know my grandmother is ready to go home and be with the Lord, but I pray that my mom will find new purpose once she is gone. My mom has taken care of her for over 15 years, about 6 months after my dad died. Mom will be 81 on Wed. My husband took our van to work the other day and did a lot of work on it to make sure that it was ready for the drive to Grand Prairie TX. He had the oil changed, rotated the tires, fixed the broken window motor, changed all the filters and filled all the fluids. I'll have to email Anne H (Carb Tripper) and see if we can meet for lunch or dinner somewhere!! After reading her blog for 2 1/2 months, I feel like I know her!! Just finished putting red highlights (big streaks) in my youngest daughter's hair. She has med brown hair with bright red highlights and she puts black on the ends around her face. We will be trimming her hair and putting the black in tomorrow. I'll post a pic of the finished style. We have been doing the red for a while now and she got a wild idea about black ends last month and loved it. So, it was time to do it again. Well, I am off to bed. Night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment