Saturday, April 9, 2011

Heart broken...


I went to Zumba this morning and got there and it had been cancelled, I went home planning to go to a local church at 10 to attend a Zumba class. I was sitting reading and my sister text me and asked it I was still going to be able to go. I asked her, to TX? No answer. I called my mom and told me that my grandmother had passed away in the night and that she was waiting to hear from someone and then she was going to call me. My grandmother, Annie Autin Seal Johnson, was a wonderful woman whom we loved very much. She lost her hearing when she was 2 after a bout of scarlet fever. My mom and I went to TX every summer when I was a child for 2-3 weeks at a time. I loved this time with her and my step grandpa Charlie. She had a hard life, she was born on June 29, 1909. My real grandfather was a hard man and very abusive to her, she survived that and before I was born married a wonderful man name Charles Johnson. They were the loves of each others lives. He died when I was in college in 1982. My mom is the oldest of the 6 children that my grandmother had and the only girl. Momma always said that her children were grandmother's favorites because we would play with her and talk to her, with voice and sign. My cousins only spoke to her when they had to. My children were her favorite great grandchildren for the same reasons. She especially loved Christina, my youngest. She was also very special to Christina. She has cried almost non-stop since I told her. I told Christian and Christopher this afternoon after they had dropped Christina off at the mall to hang out with her boyfriend. I told Christina tonight after I picked her up. It has hit her the hardest, but I did most of my crying this morning when I was alone, now it is time to be strong for my children. My mom will be packing her things at grandmother's house and moving back to Louisiana in a couple of weeks. My Uncle Bob will be helping her and using his truck to move her things. I know my mom will be glad to be back in her own home soon. She has missed my sister and brother and their families that live there. My youngest niece is in the hospital for a while with the twins that she is carrying, she came really close to losing them and she is being kept in the hospital until she gives birth. I know my mom has missed being able to go see her. We were planning a trip to LA next month but now I won't be able to afford to. Maybe in the fall when I have more vacation time. Christian and Christopher will be leaving tomorrow afternoon to go to TX and Christina and I will be leaving early Monday morning. I'm able to stay for the entire week if I want but Christian and Christopher need to be back at work on Thurs. Also, I will be bringing back a hope chest that my grandmother wanted me to have and also a sewing machine that my mom had bought for her years ago. Mine is broken and mom has a really nice one at home in LA, so she doesn't need it. Plus a few nick nacks that grandmother made me pick out a few years ago. Grandmother was 2 1/2 months away from her 102nd birthday. She was welcomed into Heaven with the loving and open arms of our Savior and all of the family that has preceded her. She will be greatly missed...









November 2010

Grandmother and Isabella












5 comments:

  1. What a nice story about her, she will be missed. It sounds like she lived a full long life. Death is so sad no matter when it comes. I hope your little ones can find comfort. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your grandmother. It sounds like she overcame much difficulty in life and was an inspiration. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great tribute to your grandma. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post. An awesome life. Celebrate the life...Be well

    ReplyDelete
  5. We lost my hubby's grandfather Friday night. I understnad. I am sorry. You did a great tribute to her. Such love for such a beautiful, loving woman. You are your families will be in my prayers. God bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete