Monday, May 30, 2011

Today was a hot and beautiful day...

I thank God everyday for the sacrifice that our armed forces make. Sometimes they leave their families for months at a time and go to a foreign land to defend our rights here in America. Sometimes they give up their lives and sometimes their limbs, sometimes their mental stability, all for our freedom. Thank you, men and women of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and National Guard, may God richly bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you and give you peace.

I spent a butt load of money this weekend. I had to buy 9 bags of soil and plants for our garden. I bought a raised garden bed at Sam's and some weed control fabric, good for 30 years, whoo-hoo!!! I this last week and then the soil and plants this week. Bed - $60, soil/plants - $90, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and yellow and red bell peppers in a couple of months - delish!!!

I think we will get a couple of strawberries, too. There is some room left in the bed and I still have the deluxe topsy turvy I bought last year. I think I will put herbs in it, not sure yet, any suggestions? Email me your ideas since blogger is being stubborn with the comments missmommie1227@yahoo.com.

I thought about doing carrots instead of strawberries but they don't grown back once you pull them. Or even jalapenos, but I couldn't find any.

Cooked out for the family today. Hot dogs, hamburgers, sausage, chicken, onions, baked beans, deviled eggs, corn. Tilapia for me and grilled onions. Oh, and watermelon! I love watermelon!! I could eat this until I puke!!

Tomorrow starts a new week at work, boy I wish every weekend was a 3 day weekend!!!

Gotta go, going to watch Inception.

1 comment:

  1. Well...I am looking at your weigh in and what I notice is wow nice scale and floor. Your ticker is impressive. Keep up the good work. I see in your face that blond bombshell to be...seriously.
    When I was younger I wanted to lose weight and then get sexy domination clothes and be cruel to men who don't like big women. But now, I just want to be healthier and live longer for my grand children.

    ReplyDelete