Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day!

Had a very nice Mother's Day today. My husband got me a new charm for my Pandora bracelet and Christian got me the pink pearl breast cancer awareness bracelet from Helzberg's Jewelers. It's a Dorothy Hamill design. Christina made me breakfast in bed, on plan, so it was the easiest she has ever done. She always makes me breakfast in bed on Mother's Day. Nothing from Christopher, yet, except a text message while I was at church. I don't expect anything from him because he just had to replace the starter in his car and they wiped him out. A hug and a "I love you, mom" will do me.




This is what the men's ministry at our church did for the mothers.
They gave every mother a single rose.

There was milk, oj, 3 kinds of cookies, iced brownies and waffles.




This is what I had, coffee with creamer and equal. 2 cups!!!

They had 2 prizes to give away. One for the mother with the most grandchildren, winner had 9!! She got a blooming plant and a gift card to Red Lobster.

The next give away was for the mother with the most teenagers!! Bonnie and I tied at 2 each. She went up first and then me. She didn't know which she wanted the orchid or the gift card to Olive Gardner. I walked up and said, "I'm on a diet, why don't you take the card and I'll take the flowers?" She was fine with that. I walked off kind of proud of myself for not getting the gift card. Here is my orchid plant.

3 comments:

  1. Good going on the plant and its very pretty, nice color. Happy Mothers day and I join the diet tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lv2, that's great!! Welcome to the crankies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mothers day. Good luck on the diet.

    ReplyDelete