Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday, America!!!

235 years of independence from the British!! Its seem just like yesterday that we were throwing all that tea into the Boston harbor! What a riot!

Ok, here is the plan!

2 weeks on the liquid diet, BUT, I will be having fruit every day so that my digestive system doesn't shut down. I didn't handle that well last time. I was in a lot of pain and constipated. I figure probably 1 cup of watermelon, cantaloupe or grapes or other fruit twice a day along with the liquids. I bought most of everything I need for this on Sat except some of the fruit, I have some, but not 2 weeks worth.

Then I will switch to the 1200 calorie, 100 carb menu. The 1200 calorie menu from P4 worked best for me and since it was a constant amount of food, it was much easier for me than P5 was. I have to learn good habits first, I have to learn how much to eat at each meal instead of having high calories days followed by low calories days.

I WILL be posting what I eat, whether it is on my plan or not, no more hiding when I cheat. If I cheat, I cheat and I will post about it. I NEED to post about it or it won't work. I learned that the hard way. I will not let anyone tell me what I can post about and what I can't anymore, that's why I started this and that is what I am going to do.

This is my diet for the next two weeks, starting tomorrow, MY independence day!!!

Breakfast - low carb/sugar protein shake made with unsweetened almond milk (lower carb and calories than skim milk)

Snack - 1 cup of fruit

Lunch - 1 cup of chicken bouillon made with 2 cubes, 2 no sugar added fudgsicles, 1 sugar free pudding or lite yogurt (which ever I feel like on that day)

Snack - 1 cup of fruit

Dinner - 1 cup of chicken bouillon made with 2 cubes, protein shake made with almond milk

Snack - 1/2 cup 2% fat cottage with 1 pack of Truvia added to sweeten

Lots and lots of water all day long.

I did this for 2 weeks before but without the fruit and it was not so hard. This is basically what a gastric bypass surgery candidate would have for at least 2 weeks before surgery to clean out their intestines to prepare for surgery. I want to clean out but not stop the function of my intestines.

So, now here are my goals for the next week of Slimmer this Summer challenge:

1. Stick to the plan
2. Exercise at least 30 min 3 times this week
3. Drink my water
4. Read my daily devotions...daily and not all at once toward the end of the week!
5. Continue to look for a new job, not really diet related, but stress related and that ends up affecting my diet.


I hope everyone has a great 4th of July and remember to pray for our troops!

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you have thought this through and are prepared for success. God strengthens us to do what we can do; He does what we cannot do. I pray that your system adapts to your new eating plan and that next week you will be telling us about lost weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liquid is how Allan from Almost Gastric Bypass started his mega weight loss. He is definitely living proof. If you go back on his blog, you can see the results and the trials. I scanned through it when I first found his blog. I think it was like the same thing that actual Gastric Bypass people have to initially do is what he mentioned and it is just that he did not get the surgery and used it to kickstart his dieting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ms. Scooter Butt (I love that name, btw!!) That's where this comes from. I had joined his challenge in the 2nd week of phase 4 and did great. I have just not stuck to it in the last few weeks and want to kick start again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your determination. Yes, stick to your plan, but if you do not, blog about what you ate. It really helps. You are doing this fro you, but, second for that beautiful Isabella. She needs a healthy and fit Grandma to chase her around! here's to a GREAT next week of STS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the liquids and fruit. I am too much of a wuss to do liquids like that, but I sure do wish you the best on it. One thing I know from seeing friends do this pre-surgically, they drop tons of weight. Some as much as 21 lbs. Amazing. God, girl, go!

    ReplyDelete