Sunday, August 28, 2011

Holy cow!!

It's been a month since my last post and I have hardly read any blogs, either. I haven't been following any food plans either.

I've been working for M for about 6 weeks now and I love it! It's so much less stressful and I don't feel like I have someone watching over my shoulder any more.

My husband has changed jobs and his salary is lower until he gets his own store. He is working for a tire/car repair company. Money is kind of tight for us right now, but we will get through it.

I have gained a few more pounds, I am now at 338.3. I keep waffling back and forth between what I want to do about my weight. I have thought about it a lot for the last few weeks and have decided to do low carb. I know that I'm carb sensitive, and when I have too many, my ankles swell. I went shopping over the weekend and have bought a lot of carb friendly items. I have been reading a lot about it. I am a subscriber to Your Lighter Side and Carbarella has a lot of recipes that look really good. So this is what I have decided to do, I'll still do protein shakes and the way I make them with unsweetened almond milk (only 1 carb per cup) will keep them low carb.

I am going to do Atkins, induction starts tomorrow, 20 carbs per day with 12-15 coming from veggies. I'll verify that, but I think that is the correct ratio for veggies. I bought an interesting book a couple of months ago that compares a lot of low carb diets and give the pros and cons of them. Pretty neat seeing the chart the shows the differences between them. Like, the amount of carbs per day, how much dairy, how much fruit or veggies, that kind of thing. Its called The Secret to Low Carb Success! Got it on Amazon.com.

I would probably do Paleo if I didn't like dairy so much!!

It's getting late, good night all!!

PS - I am going to update my weight in the morning since I have pigged out today. I am going to try not to weigh every day and just do it on Mondays.


No comments:

Post a Comment