Monday, March 9, 2009

In The Beginning...

This summer I weighed 383.2. This is the highest in my life. I have struggled with my weight since the summer after 3rd grade. I am now 45 years old. My children are almost all grown. My oldest daughter, C1, is 19, my son, C2 is 17 and my younger daughter, C3 is 14. The playing in the park days are over and I have, for the most part, missed them. I weighed about 250 when C1 was born. I have steadily lost and gained back to my current weight. I was on Phen/Fen when C3 was about 2 yrs old and that was the most energetic and the best I have ever felt. I wish it was still available.

Our Pastor usually asks the congregation to do a Daneil's Fast in January. This year, we did a modified version, he likes to mix it up some. The first year it was no meats or sweets, this year he added no bread. We have the freedom to modify it to our lifestyles. This year I decided to drink only water for the 21 days that the fast lasts. I used to drink at least 1 - 2 liter of diet coke a day. During the fast, I lost 16 lbs. Before the fast I lost about 20 but gained 10 back. I have lost a total of 36 lbs since my highest, I am now at 347.2. God changed me a lot during this fast. I don't look at food the same way, and I am now more important than that piece of cheesecake that I force fed myself after I had pigged out on whatever was for dinner.

Since the end of the fast, I have now joined a gym and try to work out at least 5 times a week with 3 days doing weight resistance as well as cardio. I feel so much better and have more energy than I have had in a long time.

I am doing this blog to help me keep track of my progress and to vent some when I am frustrated. Hopefully if I get a readership, they will be encouraged by my journey.

That bad thing that I do is eat alot on the weekends. Here lately I am spending all week losing what I gained over the weekend. And talk about emotional eating!!!! Just let my husband make me mad about something and off I go!!! This is something that I really need to get a handle on before I get discouraged and quit. I feel like this is my last chance.

Later!!

1 comment:

  1. GOOD LUCK!!!! I know that with your determination you can do this. At least your a tad bit younger then me. I wish I had started this life style journey earlier in life but 2010 was the beginning, 2011 I'll hit my mark and learn to maintain and live healhty. If you'd like stop by and visit me and my journey. I also have an every day blog if you'd like to stop there.
    www.julie-thegoingtobenewme.blogspot.com
    www.umengine3.blogspot.com
    Take care Miss Mommie. I'm glad I took the time to get to know you. God bless you and your journey.

    ReplyDelete